DOT Physicals in Malden, MA
Drivers in possession of a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) are required to undergo periodic physicals to ensure they continue to meet standards set by the local and federal Department of Transportation. The physical is set to make sure drivers are physically capable of operating a commercial vehicle without potential harm to themselves or to others.
AFC Urgent Care Malden performs DOT physicals five days a week, from Monday – Friday including a comprehensive physical exam and any necessary lab testing. We have providers on staff who are certified with their FMCSA to perform these physicals. Please call ahead to ensure we have a provider who is available to perform the exam, and set up an appointment.
Requirements to pass a DOT Physical
In order to pass your DOT physical, our providers will check the following:
- Blood pressure: at most 160/100 with or without the use of medication
- Blood sugar: under 200 with or without the use of medication
- No signs or indications of habit-forming drug use
- Vision: must be at least 20/40 with or without corrective lenses; must be able to differentiate between the colors of traffic lights (red, yellow and green)
- Hearing: must be able to hear a forced whisper from a distance of five feet with or without the use of hearing aids
What do I need to bring to my DOT Physical?
Make sure you bring the following documents and items to your appointment for your DOT physical for confirmation and assessment from our physician:
- Your current driver’s license
- Any aids you use including glasses, contact lenses and hearing aids
- A copy of your complete medical history
- A list of all current and past medications you have or are taking, including prescription and over-the-counter medications
- A contact list of your current doctors and specialists
DOT Physicals for Commercial Drivers near Malden, Melrose & Medford, MA
AFC Urgent Care Malden offers DOT physicals five days a week by appointment only, Monday – Friday. Our center maintains quick treatment times and short wait times for our patients.
Our office is conveniently located at 219 Centre St and is easily accessible by the MBTA off the Orange Line.
Stop in or call us for more information at 781-322-7300.